GeoGebra is Great!
I finally figured out how to post GeoGebra applets on Google Sites so that I can link to them from WordPress.com (which does not support them).
The greatest value of GeoGebra, or Geometer’s Sketchpad, or other such packages, in my eyes is their ability to help students dynamically visualize the effect each constant has on the graph of an equation. I find them an invaluable “thinking aid” as I ponder a new equation form, and they help me formulate my own answers to questions such as “why does it do that?”
Check out ones for Linear functions:
- Slope-Intercept Form – Interactive Linear Function Graph
- Point-Slope Form – Interactive Linear Function Graph
- Standard Form – Interactive Linear Function Graph
- Standard Form – Interactive Quadratic Function Graph
- Vertex Form – Interactive Quadratic Function Graph
Exponential and Logarithmic functions: